Sunday, March 4, 2012

Love my weekends



Making things makes me happy.  Every weekend I try to spend a little time messing around, doing whatever it is that I want to do.  It washes away the stresses of a busy week.

A while back, I found this antique aquarium for a quarter.  It has a crack in it which no longer allows it to hold water.  The kids and I started getting antsy for spring.   We went to a local nursery and bought $6 worth of plants.  Then we scavenged a little moss from the woods.  Easy peasy.   Our own indoor spring. Go make one! It's fun and I promise you'll love it.  There's nothing like creating something that offers up immediate gratification and takes very little time and money to achieve the effect.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved our weekend with you all!! I must admit that I especially loved our time together......yoga, lunch, catching up & sharing life stories! Love you dear friend!! OH, and I love the photo of you and I from your visit for the wedding:)))

Cheryl Arkison said...

My girls would love that! Me, not so much. I'm not a plants in the house kind of person.