Sunday, March 4, 2012

Love my weekends

Making things makes me happy.  Every weekend I try to spend a little time messing around, doing whatever it is that I want to do.  It washes away the stresses of a busy week.

A while back, I found this antique aquarium for a quarter.  It has a crack in it which no longer allows it to hold water.  The kids and I started getting antsy for spring.   We went to a local nursery and bought $6 worth of plants.  Then we scavenged a little moss from the woods.  Easy peasy.   Our own indoor spring. Go make one! It's fun and I promise you'll love it.  There's nothing like creating something that offers up immediate gratification and takes very little time and money to achieve the effect.


Anonymous said...

loved our weekend with you all!! I must admit that I especially loved our time, lunch, catching up & sharing life stories! Love you dear friend!! OH, and I love the photo of you and I from your visit for the wedding:)))

Cheryl Arkison said...

My girls would love that! Me, not so much. I'm not a plants in the house kind of person.